Sunday 10 August 2014

Hawaii - The Shopping

No holiday is complete without great shopping! Specially for a shopaholic like me, that's number one on my agenda. Hawaii has amazing shopping whether you go to the Ala Moana Mall or if you prefer a shopping strip like the Kalakaua Avenue where shops are open till 11pm every night (H&M till midnight) for post-dinner shopping - win! But one place that's a must-visit for bargain-loving shoppers is the Waikele Premium Outlets Centre. Even though its a fair way away from Waikiki where most of the hotels are, its definitely worth setting aside an entire day to go here. You won't be disappointed. This is where I did my best work as you can see below ;)...


Waikele Outlets house outlets for brands like Ralph Lauren, Tommy Hilfiger, Gap, Calvin Klein, Kate Spade, Banana Republic, Michael Kors just to name a few and also larger specialty stores for Sports goods, Perfumes, Sunglasses etc. Something for everyone.

Change-rooms at Kate Spade New York
My shopping from the Outlets
Inside the shopping bags- From top Left to Right: Prada Sunglasses at 50% off, Kate Spade cos bag $11.79, Kate Spade Bangle $17, Kate Spade top (as seen in photo above) $62, Michael Kors Gold Watch at 50% off, Bobbi Brown Shimmer Bricks (not from Outlets - bought at Nordstrom) $40 each (price is Aus $76).
Some more shopping -Turquoise & White Striped Maxi Dress $12 and Paisley Print High-waist Shorts $17 from Forever 21, Grey & White Sequins Striped Tank and Cream with Gold Sequins Tank from Banana Republic $7 each (Waikele Outlet), 2 for 1 Body by Victoria Fragrance Mists from Victoria's Secret $15, Daisy by Marc Jacobs 100ml perfume from Duty Free shop at Hawaii Airport $75 (comparable price in Aus $120) 
Given that I had just 2 hours at Waikele (because we had to make it back in time for the last shuttle out to Waikiki) I think I did pretty well, although I do recommend taking the earliest shuttle to get there and the last shuttle back so you can take your time because there is lots to see. I was pretty chuffed with the bargains I got. My new favourite shopping destination ;). What I would give to go back!

5 comments:

  1. OMG so jealous!! love that Kate Spade dress in the changerooms :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG Kate Spade Outlet was by far my favourite! They had me at - 50%off everything including already marked-down prices! I spent the best part of my 2 hours there.

      Delete
  2. Well done! Loved the shopping in Hawaii too!

    I want to go back.

    SSG xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I spent four days shopping in Hawaii every day going to the hundreds of shops that feature in Ala Moana mall and went to Bubba Gump‘s upstairs had a lovely dinner had lunch in the food court downstairs and also at the gelato shop in the middle above the stage

    ReplyDelete