Sunday 2 March 2014

More from Singapore

The weekend that we were in Singapore happened to be the weekend of Chinese New Year! In a city that is always abuzz with activity, you can only imagine what excitement welcoming the year of the horse  would have created. Just a few hundred meters from our Hotel was Marina Bay, where the sights, sounds, smells and most importantly tastes all spelt C-E-L-E-B-R-A-T-I-O-N!



Makansutra
Our dinner that night consisted of sampling different foods from the countless foodstalls that had sprung up along the river to feed the thousands of  revelers. Also a permanent feature on the Bay is a food court - no not like the ones on level 3 of a shopping mall - a real food court - with real, fresh, asian food stalls. Its called Makansutra. A MUST visit for when you are in Singapore, even if you are only there for one night - like we were.



We then walked over to the other side of the bridge, quite literally, to the uber-chic world of the Marina Bay mall. It makes malls like Chadstone look like a tent! I swear, my feet were aching just from walking across 3 quarters of this mall. And I walk 3ks everyday as part of my daily routine. 


Finally, what I wore to keep me comfortable and still looking appropriate for the festivities - an outfit post after so, so long!

Loose White Top: *$15 (Cotton On)
Blue Mini Skort: $49.95 (Zara)
Bow Necklace in Soft-Gold: $19.95 (Portmans)
Wallet with Wristlet: $35 (Charles & Keith - Singapore)
Black Peep-toe Flats: *$5 (Rubi Shoes)

CNY Outfit Total: $124.94
* = sale prices


2 comments:

  1. I hear Singapore is one of the most exciting cities in the world..glad you were able to sample foods and walk amongst the people..sometimes that's the best way to explore a destination...just wandering around and freestyling it..it definitely looks like a unique cultural experience from any other part of the world! Hope you go back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Singapore! I've been a few times now and everytime I go there's something new and exciting to explore there! I definitely will keep going back.

      Delete