Tuesday 21 May 2013

Random Shopping

If you've Liked my Facebook page, you'll know that last week was Chadstone's VIP shopping event - a day of exclusive offers - a day that comes around once every few months - an event that I never miss. But I'd also made plans to meet a friend on Sunday for a day of shopping at Highpoint because she'd been wanting me to see the new and improved shopping centre - which I must say, was a welcome change to my usual haunts of Chadstone and Melbourne Central. So on my very tight budget, I had to spread out my shopping over the one-day-only offers and things that I wanted but could buy at Highpoint. So here are the few random purchases I made across the 2 days of shopping...

From Chadstone:
Forever New Rani Lace Top - $79.99 less 20%
 I love this colour for winter!
Forever New Penny Pretty Cardigan - $49.99 less 20%
 This "pretty" cardigan, you can't clearly see in this picture, but it has sequins sprinkled all over it.

From Highpoint:

Glassons Scoop Neck Merino Top - $29.99 down from $39.99
Even $39.99 is a great price for Merino wool tops. At $29.99 this was an unmissable bargain! Warm and soft. Can't wait to wear it.

Bardot Flocked Sweater - $50 down from $89.95
I thought this was a great buy at $50 - it actually looks quite high-end. I liked it when I first saw it but didn't buy it and then all along our shopping trip I couldn't stop thinking about it, so I had to have it!

Typo Eiffel Scissors - $14.95
I saw these scissors on Pinterest and thought these would be so cool to have as a desk accessory. The link on Pinterest took me to a New York blogger's page. I thought she must have found them at a little vintage store or some place exquisite and unattainable - but the link on her blog led me to Typo! Of all the places! I was ecstatic. Very random, I know but I still love it (I love anything Paris or Eiffel Tower-related) and I'm glad I found these (and so easily!).

Thus ended my Random Shopping spree. Quite productive, I think, and not much damage done.

BARGAIN ALERT: Highpoint Shopping Day - Wednesday, 22nd May. And if you miss that, Melbourne Central Shopping Event - Thursday, 23rd May. Happy Shopping!

2 comments: