Wednesday 8 May 2013

Forever New's Travel Collection was My Idea!

I'm not saying I invented Travel bags, definitely not. But you can't blame a girl for wanting to write an attention-grabbing headline ;). However, I would like to think I played a (small) part in it all coming about. 
The Jet Set Collection

No, I don't work for Forever New. I just spend a lot of time and money there. I distinctly remember, a little over a year ago, on one such shopping expedition of mine, being drawn into the Melbourne Central store because the window display caught my eye. It wasn't even really the window display, it was a part of the store (on the right hand side) that's visible from the street and also once you walk in to Melbourne Central and is like a walk-in closet space almost - people who've been there will know what I'm talking about. Anyway, back to the point, so on one of the shelves was this gorgeous looking, vintage style suitcase and perched on top of that was a cute purse. I looked around for a price tag for the suitcase, but couldn't find one. I grabbed the floor assistant, who happened to be the Store Manager and asked if the suitcase was for sale. She said it wasn't, it was just part of the visual merchandising but the purse was. I said to her "That's too bad! You should really sell luggage as well." And she nodded in agreement and said she would pass on my suggestion to headoffice - and in a really genuine way, not in an I-really-couldn't-care-less-about-what-you-think-we-should-and-should-not-sell-but-I'm-just-going-to-say-"I will let Headoffice know"-so-you-get-out-of-my-face-and-stop-wasting-my-time-way. I knew at that moment that my suggestion was going to be passed on. And a few months after that incident, they started selling the occasional wheelie bag. And now voila - an entire Travel Collection (so, it definitely must be doing well).
I'm not saying, I want to take all the credit for this. Surely other people might have given the same suggestion and once they'd heard from a few people, they must have decided to take the idea on board. But I'd like to believe I played a part in it. :) It looks good, doesn't it! I'd definitely buy it.
That's all folks! ;) xoxo

4 comments:

  1. Ooh how neat. They look very Chanel-esque. I'm in the market for some new luggage!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah! That's exactly what I thought - it does look very Chanel-like.

      Delete
  2. Wow such pretty luggage! Too bad I've already got a collection of suitcases/carry on bags... ah well! I'm glad your suggestion came to life! :D

    ReplyDelete